Dear Students and Colleagues:
There have been reports of sporadic Covid-19 positive cases on our University campus. A cross-section of the community, including students, scholars, teaching, non-teaching, administrative and support staff and their family members have been affected. Because of the upward spiral of the current wave of infections, experts are suggesting everyone to be more careful and responsible. The University appreciates the proactive efforts of the Students’ Union in undertaking the efforts to promote and comply with Covid Appropriate Behaviour (CAB).
Given the present circumstances, I seek your cooperation in continuing a state of high alert about the rise in infections. Kindly pay attention to the following:
- Continue and insist wherever necessary to follow Covid-19 appropriate Behaviour, Mask/Face cover, Safe distance and Repeated Sanitation.
- Subject yourself or your colleagues to health consultation or screening as per the protocols laid down in the campus, if you have any deviation from your health condition as the symptomatology of the infections is broader.
- In case of any health issue, report to the concerned authorities at the workplace.
- Promote vaccination for those above 45 years of age and at the same time, take the behavioural vaccine seriously for yourself.
- Keep family members/guardians informed about your health and safety at all times.
- Students and scholars may take an informed call to get back to their native places at the earliest possible occasion with information to all concerned in the campus if they plan to do so. University shall not structure its academic activities in a manner that requires you to stay on campus.
- As mentioned in the undertaking that is signed by the students and scholars, if the State or Containment authorities take over the campus, the University will be constrained to follow their instructions.
All of us are going through this phase and will come up trumps with the wholehearted co-operation of the entire extended university family!
Prof. Appa Rao Podile