- Certain substances, such as alcohol, tobacco and drugs can adversely impact the body and mind, reduce immunity levels and therefore put you at risk. While these may appear to temporarily keep boredom or anxiety at bay, they will surely affect the body over a period of time and as such must be avoided at all costs.
- Shunning or criticising people with a COVID infection adds to their stress and your own anxiety. Like all patients, they require your care and support
- Be a trusted friend. If you know someone who might have the infection, tell them about precautions, and how to obtain medical assistance
- Be sensitive to emotional problems of your near and dear. Watchful for the following
- Changes and Difficulty in sleep patterns
- Difficulty in concentrating
- any health problems
- Increased use of alcohol, tobacco or drugs
5. We should remember that a strong mental status and positive thinking in difficult times will help us win the battle.
Whenever necessary, please seek professional psychological support from the University Psychological Counsellors. Call them on following numbers
Dr Hymavathi – 9515667087
Mr Subhash – 8008477643
If you happen to get infected with Corona, remember most people do get better. Do not panic. Seek professional care immediately, practice self-isolation and take medications that are advised