The Dean Students’ Welfare (DSW) Office, University of Hyderabad (UoH), successfully conducted the Debate competition on the topic of “India is a rising global power” on April 21, 2023 in the conference hall, DSW Office. Students pursuing undergraduate and masters from Departments of Economics, Political Science, History, Engineering Sciences among others were also participated. There were also a considerable number of audiences.
Debate competition held on 20-04-2023 on the subject of “India is an Emerging Global Power”.
- Bhaskar K Kashyap Roll No. 22SEMF32 has secured First rank
- Tanay Thakur Roll No. 21SPMA42 has secured Second rank
- Dakesh Verma, Roll No. 21IAMS05 has secured Third rank
Abhigyan Ranjan, a student at the Department of Sociology and the co-founder of Nischaya-the Civil Services Society, was the moderator for the event. He explained the structure and guidelines of the competition. The event commenced with the opening remarks to the participants by Prof. G Nagaraju, Dean Students Welfare. He proposed the objective behind the organisation of the event. Prof. Bhim Subba, a faculty in the Department of Political Science was the judge along with Prof. E Venketesh and put some encouraging words for the participants. They addressed the session and explicated on the importance of G20 presidency and the present geo-political situation.
The group discussion cum debate was divided into 2 rounds: –
- In the first round, participants allotted 3 minutes each to present their viewpoints.
- In the second round, participants allowed to ask questions to other fellow participants and also answered to the questions asked to them by other participants and the audience. They also made their final statement.