Ms. Sushma Nandyala, an alumnus of Masters in Optometry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Hyderabad (UoH) has been selected as Research Scholar in the Nation’s Prestigious Health Institute, AIIMS-All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi for PhD. She joined the Dr. Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences as a Research Scholar and working on various aspects of Eye ailments. She is the First student to get qualified from AIIMS from UoH.
Ms Sushma has completed her Masters in Optometry, School of Medical Sciences, UoH. She is the recipient of University Gold medal for being topped consecutively in the five academic years. She is the First Woman Post Graduate in the village, Aregudem (Dist: Nalgonda) to pursue education at a Central University. In addition to her excellence in academia, she is also a great Biodiversity enthusiast, identified various Mushrooms at University of Hyderabad campus and published articles in newspapers.
Immediately after her Master’s, she was absorbed by LV Prasad Eye Institute, a World Health Organisation collaborating centre as Permanent Research Associate. During her stay at LVPEI, she has published her research in 3 International journals (1 in Cornea, 2 in Indian Journal of Ophthalmology) and her work has been highlighted in various National and International workshops like
- The British Congress of Optometry and Vision Science (BCOVS) 2020, UK.
- ESO’s International Vision Science and Optometry Conference 2020, Chennai.
- The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) 2020, (it happens every year at a different place, for the year 2020 it was online).
- Vision Science Symposium, 2020 Hyderabad.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Annual Meeting 2019, San Francisco. (second biggest thing in vision science at an international level)
- All India Ophthalmological Society, 2020, Haryana. —(first biggest in national level)
- National Academy of Medical Science Meeting 2019, AIIMS Bhopal.
- Regional Conference in Kochi on Eyecare Innovations and Advances by Indian Optometric Association, 2018.
Sushma has also published three research articles in a short span of one year at LVPEI.