Prof. Ajailiu Niumai, former Head of Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion & Inclusive Policy (CSSEIP) at University of Hyderabad has been elected as the Asia Regional Representative (Asia, South East Asia and East Asia) of the Research Committee -32: Women, Gender and Society of the International Sociological Society (ISA) on 9th August 2023. ISA has more than 6000 (six thousand) members from 126 countries. It is a member of the International Science Council and enjoys a status of the Non-Governmental Organisation in formal associate relations with UNESCO and special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. She is an elected Managing Committee Member of the Indian Sociological Society (ISS) since 2019 onwards.
Subscribe to the UoH awesomeness!
Public Relations Officer
University of Hyderabad
Prof. CR Rao Road, Gachibowli
- Use Technological advances to find solutions for major challenges being faced around the Globe: Prof. M Jagadesh Kumar
- Women in policy making: Opportunities and Challenges’
- Dr. S.Shaji, Department of Political Science, presented a paper in Border Studies Conference at Fez, Morocco.
- Golden Jubilee Distinguished Lectures: Secularism as Misdirection: Critical Thought from the Global South by Prof. Nivedita Menon
- Dr. Devesh Nigam awarded with Excellence in Education award