Prof. Joseph Stiglitz, Nobel Laureate in Economics (2001) received his honorary doctorate degree on January 4, 2013 by the University. Shri E S L Narasimhan, Hon’ble Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Chief Rector of the University presented the degree of Doctor of Science (honoris causa) to Prof. Stiglitz. Later, Prof. Stiglitz delivered a lecture titled Macroeconomics in Crisis: An Agenda for Rejuvenating the Discipline.
Subscribe to the UoH awesomeness!
Public Relations Officer
University of Hyderabad
Prof. CR Rao Road, Gachibowli
- UNESCO Chair in Vulnerability Studies
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship will help India become an Economic Superpower and a Knowledge-Based Economy: Shri Dharmendra Pradhan
- Prof. Vinod Pavarala concludes academic visit to the UK
- Negotiating Postsecular Spaces: IUML and the Politics of Non-State Welfare
- UoH-Delhi University team uncovers a regulatory mechanism underlying ethylene-induced fruit ripening