The University Task Force is deeply concerned about a couple of super spreader events that has led to increased case positivity rate of Covid-19 in closed campuses in nearby institutions and in our neighbouring state/s. There are unconfirmed reports that a campus within the vicinity of Hyderabad Metropolitan Urban Development Authority – outskirts of our twin cities has also been affected with a super spreader event.
It is alarming that many stakeholders seem to have discontinued Covid-appropriate behaviour on the campus. Also alarming is that the campus seems to have returned to working as if during pre-Covid 19 times.
All the stakeholders are advised to:
- CONTINUE TO FOLLOW COVID APPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR (SAFE DISTANCE, MASKING/FACE COVERING & SANITISATION) AT ALL TIMES AND IN ALL PLACES INCLUDING HOSTELS & MESS FACILITIES. THE SAME APPLIES TO ALL PLACES ACCESSED BY OTHER STAKEHOLDERS
- ALL UNITS (BOTH ACADEMIC & NON-ACADEMIC) ARE ADVISED TO CONTINUE SUPPLY OF SANITISERS
- AVOID ORGANIZING EVENTS/ LARGE GATHERINGS AND EXERCISE CAUTION AT THE PERSONAL LEVEL IN PARTICIPATING IN SUCH GATHERINGS
- BE EXTRA VIGILANT AND IMMEDIATELY REPORT TO THE HEALTH CENTRE, OF ANYBODY WHO HAS ANY HEALTH-RELATED SETBACKS AND TAKE IMMEDIATE RECOURSE TO AVAILABLE HELP
- SHOW SOLIDARITY TO FELLOW INDIVIDUALS AND HELP IN MAINTAINING A HEALTHY CAMPUS AT ALL TIMES
- COMPLETE YOUR FULL VACCINATION AGAINST COVID-19 AND CONSULT THE HEALTH CENTRE FOR ADVICE IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO GET TESTED FOR COVID-19 FOR ANY SYMPTOMS AND SIGNS THAT WORRIES YOU.
Please note that the campus may be restrained by the State and Central government authorities if we let our guard down. The university cannot afford a super spreader event that will again affect our Academic and Research activities.
Issued with the approval of the competent authority in your interest