Skill Development Centre, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad in collaboration with BD Biosciences is organizing a workshop “Winter School on Flow Cytometry” from January 20-25, 2020.
The flow cytometry workshop will provide advance training on cell sorting and FlowJo data analysis in addition to skill development on its applications. The participants will have one to one hand on experience on different applications. It enables the participants to plan, carryout basic research or clinical experiments, Interpret and present the data.
Topics to be covered
- Introduction to flow cytometry
- Fundamental and principles of flow cytometry
- Quality control aspects of flow cytometry
- Instrument operation and optimization for acquisition
- Choice of fluorochromes and sample preparation
- Choice of control and compensation
- Panel designing and gating Strategy
- Data analysis, statistics, interpretation and data presentation
- Cell sorting
- Research and clinical applications of flow cytometry
Masters in any branch of Life Sciences/ B.Tech or M. Tech Biotechnology/ B. Pharm or M. Pharm/ PhD students in any area of Life Science / Technicians / Faculty / Scientists or anyone who feels flow cytometry applications are relevant to their research / career can apply for the programme.
Course fee for the program is Rs. 15,000/- which includes Boarding/ lodging and food charges extra; Shared hostel accommodation will be provided based on the availability in the University Hostel/ Guest house. This course can accommodated to a maximum number of 20 participants.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV to Dr. Radheshyam Maurya (email@example.com) on or before 15th January, 2020.
For further details, Contact:
Dr. Radheshyam Maurya
Dr. Suresh Yenugu
Co-ordinator, skill Development Centre