Mr. Shivakumar Chedurupalli, Ph.D. Scholar working under the supervision of Senior Professor & Dean James Raju K.C. at the Center for Advanced Studies in Electronics Science and Technology (CASEST), School of Physics, University of Hyderabad has won the student design contest organized by IEEE during Microwave, Antennas, and Propagation Conference (MAPCON) 2023. The team represented by him was awarded first position for the project titled “Ku-band band pass filter (BPF)”. It was held in Ahmedabad from December 10 – 14, 2022. In this project, he designed the Ku-band band pass filter (BPF) with a pass-band from 13 to 14.7 GHz designed using suspended strip line (SSL) technique. Due to the structural flexibility of SSL, including overlapping between the resonators, SSL has been proven as an excellent technique for broadband filter with low losses and higher rejections. Generally these contests are won by students from Technology Institutes and it is interesting to note that in Technology sector also our students are able to compete nationally and win.
Subscribe to the UoH awesomeness!
Public Relations Officer
University of Hyderabad
Prof. CR Rao Road, Gachibowli
- Public Outreach Program on Climate Change
- The Impact of Digitalization on Socio-Economic conditions in Telangana: A Critical survey of selected Areas
- Digital Kiosk of SSCTU at Medaram Jatra
- Akshay Kanikar, an alumnus joins LMEF programme in the University of Naples
- Ankit Mitra, an alumnus shines in the Assam Civil Service Exam