The 21st century will be India’s century, as the country pole-vaults into the future confident of its capabilities. It is the 5th largest economy in the world today and will be the world’s 3rd largest economy by 2027, as its GDP crosses US$ 5 trillion (IMF estimates). By 2047, India is poised to be a US$ 30 trillion economy with all the attributes of a developed nation. It will be a Viksit Bharat.
India’s Opportunity – Its Turning Point
This is India’s Amrit Kaal. India has been transformed on many fronts and is ready for take-off. There has been a massive expansion in social and economic infrastructure through policies and schemes in past years such as Samagra Shiksha and expansion of Universities, IITs, IIMs, Medical and Nursing Colleges, Skilling (Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana), and many more. In the last decade, the number of universities and colleges have increased manifold, and the Indian higher education system today boasts 1,113 Universities/University-level Institutions, 43,796 Colleges, and 11,296 stand-alone Institutions with 4.33 crore students. The Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in higher education has steadily increased to 28.4.
Young India’s creativity and potential for innovation coupled with supportive government policies like Digital India and Startup India are enabling youth to become job creators. India is home to over 100 unicorns with a total valuation upwards of US$ 340 billion and has emerged as the world’s 3rd largest startup ecosystem.
Journey Ahead – Viksit Bharat@2047
As India stands at this crucial juncture, poised to take off on its growth trajectory, it is important to realise that tremendous dedication and belief in India’s destiny, coupled with steadfast leadership, is necessary to realise this potential. There is enormous work that needs to be undertaken in a mission mode to make India a Viksit Bharat by 2047.
For this to happen, there is a need to chalk out a bold, ambitious and transformative agenda. Business as usual will not do. We must create the future. It is important to channelise the innovative ideas of youth into nation-building by inviting them to ideate and contribute to the vision of Viksit Bharat by 2047. This outreach initiative provides that very opportunity to lakhs of youth across India. Each one of you can think about it and send your suggestions through answering 2 questions:
- How should a Viksit Bharat look like in 2047 in different aspects?
- What do we need to do to reach those goals?
Across 5 Themes –
- Empowered Indians
- Thriving and Sustainable Economy
- Innovation, Science & Technology (Research & Development, Digital, Startups)
- Good Governance and Security
- India in the World
All students are requested to visit the MyGov Portal on your web browser ViksitBharat2047@MyGov.in and do the following:
- Login through Mobile Number and OTP/ Email ID and Password to proceed, if already registered
- Create an account by clicking on “Register Now” and proceed, if new registration
- Answer the questions on 1 or more mentioned themes by turning ON the toggle switch
- Provide your idea on “How does Viksit Bharat look like to you” in Question 1
- Provide action driven points to realize your idea in Question 2 along with your role in reaching the milestone(s)
- Click on Proceed
- Take the Pledge for contributing to Nation Building by Tick-marking the checkboxes against each pledge item across 5 themes
- Click on Final Submit
- Create a blog post/ story/short video about your experience and the idea shared
- Upload the Selfie with the specific background/ ViksitBharat @2047 banner showing participation in the initiative on their Social Media handles with hashtag #Ideas4ViksitBharat
- Making it as DP on your social media platforms