Seriptorium Printing Solutions a start-up at ASPIRE-TIDE a business incubator in University of Hyderabad (UoH) are working on creating an e-commerce market place with “cofi no-touch door opener”. This product helps preventing direct contact in the public places.
Seriptorium Printing Solutions are working on devices that will help people during this COVID19 Pandemic. From market research, it is found that people are not confident enough to touch doors, use ATM or touch switches in public places. A device that will help people to do these operations without direct contact will give them more confidence. Seriptorium Printing Solutions have gone through some of the designs available in the international market and made changes to suit the Indian requirements. The company has 3D printed some pieces and put them up on Amazon calling it as “cofi no-touch door opener”. These are now available for bulk orders.
Features of the product:
- The product is 3D printed using bio-degradable PLA material which is skin-friendly.
- Can be used in public places to open/close a door, push lift button, on/off switches and hang carry bags to avoid contamination
- Handy design with two central holes will allow you to do handle the device with ease and do all operations without exerting much force.
- As it is 3D printed, it is lightweight (20 grams) but sturdy due to the interlocking structure created during the printing.
- The dimensions of the product are 14.5 x 6.5 x 1 cm and can take a weight up to 25 kg.
People who go out in public places after easing of restrictions can use this product in public transport, lifts, ATMs, office spaces, public toilets and much more.
Video Link: https://youtu.be/q2OPe64PEEc