The University of Hyderabad (UoH) has recently entered into a collaboration with Academia Sinica (AS) based in Taiwan. Prof. Ramakrishna Ramaswamy, Vice-Chancellor, UoH on his recent visit to Taiwan signed the MoU with the institute. Prof. Yu Wang, Vice-President was the signatory on behalf of AS.
The collaboration will enhance relations between UoH and AS to develop academic interchange in the areas of education, research and other activities, agree to cooperate and work together toward the internationalization of higher education.
The areas of collaboration include:
· Academic Exchange in the broad areas of mutual interest and related disciplines
· R&D collaborations in the above said areas
· Training and Teaching in the above areas;
· Assisting each other for the organization and/or participation in national and international symposia, conferences, specialized exhibitions and similar events taking place in the respective places/countries.
· Collaborative research,
· Exchange of graduate students and other didactic and research materials,
· All other relevant activities of mutual interest to UoH and AS.
Academia Sinica (AS) is the preeminent academic institution in Taiwan and is a modern research institution with a worldwide reputation. Under the leadership of current President Chi‐Huey Wong, Academia Sinica is making further progress in improving research conditions and results. Many of the twenty‐four research institutes and seven research centers are now headed by world‐renowned scholars and staffed by highly trained, motivated, and creative young investigators.
For more details on AS please visit http://www.sinica.edu.tw/main_e.shtml