• As per the directives of MHRD, UGC, University of Hyderabad took up the organization of Swacchata Pakhwada from 1-15 of September and we have successfully conducted the programme through this period.
• In order to organize this programme under the supervision of Dean, Student welfare, a committee has been constituted with Prof Darla Venkateswara Rao as the Chairman of the committee. The members in this committee were:
1 Chief warden or his nominee
2 DrB.R.Shamanna, School of Medical Sciences
3 Dr V.Srinivasa Rao, NSS Coordinator
4 Dr G.Padmaja, Deputy DSW
5 Assistant Registrar (Horticulture and Sanitation)
Because of the broad range of extension of the programme, the Director, Physical Education Dr K.V.Raja Sekhar was also co-opted as a member.
2nd & 4th Day
• Clean hostel day was followed as the second day programme and also a clean mess day on the fourth day of the fortnight under the supervision of the Wardens and staff. The committee visited Hostels J&K on the clean mess day under the leadership of Prof DarlaVenkateswara Rao and observed the kitchen, mess hall, hostel surroundings and organized an awareness programme for the students.
Along with the Chairman Prof Darla Venkateswra Rao, Dr G.Padmaja (Dy. DSW), Dr D.Ramachandra Rao, (‘J’ Hostel warden), Dr Shyamal Biswas (‘K’ Hostel warden), Sri A.Srinivasa Rao (Dy. Registrar), Sri B.Chandra Sekhar (Assistant Registrar), staff and students participated in the programme.
• On the third day Green campus day was organized. As a part of this, South campus hostels were visited and saplings were planted in their surroundings. The chief guest for the programme was Prof Tummala RamaKrishna, Head of Telugu Department. In this programme organized under the supervision of the junior Horticulturist Sri Subba Rao Prof. Debashis Acahrya, Dean, Student welfare, Prof Darla Venkateswara Rao, Sri B.Chandrakhar and students participated.
• An Essay writing competition was organized on fifth day with the title ‘’Innovative ways for spreading the message of hygiene’ in Englisg, Telugu and Hindi languages
• On the sixth day the programme ‘Clean surroundings’ was organized where roads leading to the Institution were cleaned. As a part of this Roads form Main campus of the University to SBI HUC branch were cleaned with the involvement of students and the support of GHMC staff. The programme has been supervised by Dr G.Padmaja(Dy. DSW), Sri B.Chandra Sekhar (Assistant Registrar) and staff
• On the seventh day under ‘Care for surroundings’ the GHMC office has been visited by the team to GHMC to gain an awareness as a part of the study of garbage cleaning systems in public places
8th to 11th Days
• On eighth day under ‘Care for surroundings: visit to slums/villages to explain concept of cleanliness, ’ a visit was paid to Chandanagar, Sri Rajiv Gruhakalpa surroundings. The programme was organized under the supervision of Dr V.Srinivasa Rao, NSS Coordinator. In this programme, Prof Darla Venkateswara Rao, students, NSS student volunteers and local municipality members also participated.
9 & 10 Day
• The programmes for ninth and tenth days on the topic ‘Care for surroundings’ were organized by NSS student volunteers at Serilingampally, Health Centre, and the surroundings of Market yard to create awareness about cleanliness.
• On eleventh day, under ’Care for surroundings: visit to institutions for the poor (orphanages etc)’, the team visited Samkalpa Home for The Deprived Children at Chandanagar. Fruits were distributed and awareness regarding cleanliness of the surroundings, Health and Hygiene was propagated. Prof Darla Venkateswara Rao, Mr Sunder and NSS student volunteers participated in this programme
• On twelfth day, as a part of the programme on ‘Care for surroundings: Debriefing session with the commissioner local Body about the system for cleanliness’, an awareness session was conducted under the Supervision of the authorities of GHMC. In this, Dr. Bindu Madhavi through her power point presentation enhanced the awareness of students about the cleanliness of the surroundings, health and hygiene.
• On the thirteenth day, as a part of the cleanest hostel room contest, rooms matching the cleanliness criteria decided by the Chief Warden and his team were selected from the hostels after visits from the wardens and staff. These cleanliness criteria had to match the schedules prepared by the team under the leadership of Chief Warden.
• On Fourteenth day Elocution contest on “Health and Hygiene is the real wealth” was conducted for the students. Though it was announced that the competitions will be held in English, Telugu and Hindi, entries and participation were seen only for English and Telugu.
• For the winners in Essay writing and Elocution contests, first, second and third prizes with cash awards of Rs 3000/-, Rs 2000/- and Rs 1000/- respectively have declared along with a certificate.
The valedictory session of Swacchata Pakhwada Programme (September 1 – 15, 2017) was organized by the Dean Students’ Welfare Office on September 15, 2017 at the Sir C V Raman Auditorium, University of Hyderabad (UoH), Prof. B.P. Sanjay, Pro Vice-Chancellor, UoH was the chief guest.