An International Conference on Analytic and Algebraic Geometry has been held in the School of Mathematics & Statistics, University of Hyderabad (UoH) during 23-27 March, 2015. While first part of this Conference was held at TIFR, Mumbai during 16-20 March, 2015, the second part is being held at the University. About 20 national and international participants / speakers have attended this Conference in addition to few local participants / speakers.
This conference has been funded by the National Board for Higher Mathematics (a Unit of Dept. of Atomic Energy, Mumbai), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai and UoH.
Prof. E. Haribabu, Vice-Chancellor presided over the inaugural function of the Conference which was held in the C V Raman Auditorium on 23rd March 2015.
The conference saw a galaxy of internationally renowned speakers who shared their experiences on Analytic and Algebraic Geometry. The speakers who participated are given below with the title of their talk delivered at the conference.
1. Mahan MJ – A Splitting theorem for good complexifications
2. Kaushal Verma – Constructing quadrature domains in C^n
3. V. Balaji – Principal bundles on nodal curves, a new perspective
4. Sarwesbar Pal – Irreducibility of the moduli space of vector bundles over a smooth sextic surface
5. J. Hurtubise – Instantons on a Taub-Nut Manifold
6. Archana S. Morye – Real Vector Bundles
7. M. Logares – Hodge polynomials of the SL(2,C)-character variety of an elliptic curve with two marked points
8. Ritwik Mukherjee – Enumerative geometry of singular curves in a general linear system
9. Manish Kumar – Etale fundamental groups and family of Galois covers of curves
10. Anilatmaja Arya Somayajula – Heat kernel and automorphic forms
11. Tathagata Sengupta – Elliptic Fibrations on Supersingular K3 Surface with Artin invariant 1 in characteristic 3
12. Pabitra Bark
13. J. Huisman – The fundamental class of a real algebraic variety
14. V. heu – Isomonodromic deformations in genus 2
15. Arijit Dey – Equivariant principal bundle over toric varieties
16. Y. Pandey – Brauer group of moduli stack and space of parahoric G-torsors on a curve
17. L. Alvarez-Concul – Moduli of quiver sheaves
18. Shane D’Mello – Chord Diagrams and Generic Real Rational Planar Curves of Degree 4
The delegates were taken around to see the grandeur of the city of Hyderabad and especially to Light and Sound Show at the world famous Golconda Fort.