A total of 9 faculty members, one former faculty and one Ph.D Scholar from the University of Hyderabad (UoH) were honoured by the Telangana Academy of Sciences (TAS). 5members were elected as Fellows and another 5 were elected as Associate Fellows.
The following faculty members were elected as Fellows
1. Prof. S. Srinath (School of Physics)
2. Prof. D.B.Ramachary (School of Chemistry)
3. Prof. Y.Suresh (School of Life Sciences)
4. Prof. Dibakar Das (School of Engineering Sciences and Technology).
5. Prof. K. Bhanu Sankara Rao former Dean, SEST was also elected as Fellow.
The following Faculty members were elected as Associate Fellows
1. Prof. S.V.S. Nageswara Rao (School of Physics)
2. Dr. Venkataiah Gorige (School of Physics)
3. Dr. Ramu Sridhar (School of Chemistry)
4. Dr. Inasaf Ahmed Qureshi (School of Life Sciences)
5. Dr. Pradip Paik (School of engineering Sciences and Technology).
Young Scientist Award
Ms. Mudalkar Shalini PhD Scholar, School of Life Sciences was presented the Young Scientist Award for the year 2016.
UoH Herald congratulates them for this achievement.